Monday 30 April 2012

Feeling Loved.

I know how fortunate I am to be living here... In Ixtapaluca... Jesus Maria to be more exact.

Since the very first day I arrived in Mexico, I knew that I was living somewhere special. It is a place where community happens. There are reasons that it happens so rarely here... like the amount of people in such a small space! But, I have never experienced anthing like this before!
I have written about community before!

Anyways, I have been away from home for two weeks... I was in Puebla, staying with the Prusias, going to the Spanish Institute. EVERYDAY that I was gone I recieved texts and facebook messages telling me I was missed. To be honest, I didn't even think people would notice I was missing, it was only two weeks.

But these amazing people went out of their way to send me a message!

And when I got home yesterday I was greeted with many hugs and people genuinely glad that I have returned.

I am struck, yet again, at home community is suppose to be..... showing love.

No comments:

Post a Comment