Saturday 13 April 2013

Community

In the earliest days of Jesus' journey, we can find Him building community. One of the aspects of this community I love the most is that He chose some very unlikely people to be in His inner circle: a couple of fishermen, a tax collector, and even a doctor. They were a pretty eclectic group of people to hang out with. While Jesus seemed cautious about the people He chose to walk the closest to — He also didn't allow their differences to separate the possibility of relationship. 

Community.  It is a beautiful thing.

It is the thing that says…

“You’re welcome here.”


“You belong.”


“Join us.”


Community means many things. 
Among them, things like understanding…camaraderie…acceptance…support. I humbly suggest we all live with those needs.

I admit, I haven’t always embraced the idea of community.  As a solo-type girl, I used to believe I was better off by myself.  But I have come to understand that sometimes people are stronger when they walk in tandem with another.
To give perspective.  To offer hope.  To simply, do life.


No comments:

Post a Comment