Saturday 16 November 2013

Thankfulness (volume one)

In the spirit of Thanksgivingness, I am just going to make a list of things I thank God for. (installment one of at least two)


1. I am thankful that I serve a God who is bigger then I can even comprehend. I am thankful for His love, mercy, forgiveness and grace in my life.

2. I continually thank God for all the blessings, hard times and life changing experiences I have had while living in Mexico.

3. I am thankful for my friends in the USA.When you move somewhere, especially a new country you find out who your true friends are. I am blessed to be able to say I have some of the greatest friends who are more like family.

4. I am blessed to have a great support system and friends in Mexico as well. I am thankful to have not only Mexican friends but also some incredible missionary friends as well.

5. I am thankful for Maggie, my great dog! (well, shanti too-- Tiffanys dog currently residing in my house.) On a hard day she is there with her head on my lap, when I need protecting she protects, she is always worth a smile and a constant companion.

6. I am thankful for every prayer and financial supporter that I have. Without them I would not be here in Mexico. I am thankful for their encouragement and prayers.

7. I am grateful that God has always provided me and my family clean water to drink and food to eat beyond what we need.

8. I am thankful for Nebraska football. No matter where I am in the world it is a constant for me on fall Saturdays. It is something most of my friends from Nebraska love and it is a hot topic of conversation within my family.

9. I am thankful for coffee. Its like a warm hug on a chilly morning.

10. I am grateful, everyday, to hear how friends of mine are changing the world with the Love of God. As a teacher in a public school, sharing the Gospel all over the world, being a mommy to precious kids, being an example in a hard workplace ... etc.

11.I am thankful for the opportunity and ability to learn new things.

12. I am grateful for adventures (big or little) and new experiences. It can be a planned adventure where I do something I have always wanted to do. Or the unplanned ones like getting lost and seeing something amazing that I would have not other wise seen. God never ceases to amaze me.

13. I am thankful for creativity. I never feel so alive as when I get to use my creative juices! I actually crave it sometimes.

14. Sweatpants

15. I am thankful for nature. Being able to see Gods beautiful and wonderful design. Especially, for the the two volcanoes I get to see everyday.

On a completely different note:
My house is a disaster... see why here.

No comments:

Post a Comment