Monday 8 October 2012

Sovereignty

As I work my way through the Bible again, currently i am in the not so warm-fuzzy-make-me-feel-great-book of Job. Its full of sorrow ... full of questions... especially for a Monday!

But it definetly highlights something that we have to embrace. The sovereignty of God. He is God and I am not!

I was thinking about how many people "believe" in God. (this thought was sparked by a conversation I had with a lady in our church this morning). But what does it mean to believe in God? We teach people to distinguish between believing IN god and Believing AND following God. There is an important difference.

If we say we love God, if we say we follow him, there there is points in our life where we don't just make harsh decisions without fervently praying about them... or even points in our life when what God wants and what we want are not the same thing!

I don't know how many times in the last several years I have come to this crosspoint. Where I have to lay down my want or desire on the alter of the Lord and say, "not my will, but yours!"

And everytime I have done that (whether my want and Gods line up and especially when Gods will wins) I realize even more that I can't fret because His plans are always greater then I can even imagine-- even if it takes a while to see that!
What I can't see- He can!
When I don't understand- He's at work!
And when its time-- He will lead!

There is comfort in that!

No comments:

Post a Comment