Friday 12 October 2012

Week in review!

Phew... it has been a busy week! Between English classes in my house, community center activities, hanging out at peoples houses, and bible studies this week has flown by! I guess it isn't over... still have an english class, youth activities and eating with Ninfa!

It was a pretty good week in terms of community center stuff... almost everything was really well attended! Some new people in some of the classes!

The coffee shop doesn't seem to be as big of a hit this time around... but we still hang out there and so do others!

We are selling crepes every Thursday (as a way to make the community center self sustaining). This week wasn't as good as last week but it is still going well and we have at least one new family come every week! Right now we are covering cost, but not making enough to pay someone to run it.

Tiff and I had our second week of the new bible study for the youth girls! We had more girls come this week, Thank God! Tiffany is doing a great job translating it every week for the girls and the girls seem to be enjoying it... even if they kinda look at is as homework!

I was thinking just this morning how a year ago i kinda dreaded teaching english. Mostly because i felt not prepared or adequate. I still don't feel adequate... but I am really enjoying teaching it. I think part of it is the amount of spanish i know now over last year but ... funny how you begin loving things you never thought you would!

Anyways, I would appreciate prayers for all of the above mentioned things!

No comments:

Post a Comment