Tuesday 21 May 2013

Good enough.

I woke up sore today. We started a new workout program yesterday, we also started working out with some women of the church. Yes that means two workouts three times a week and only ONE three other days. Oh and not to mention the first week diet (which is very little calories)...

The book that comes along with our workout program says, "it is completely normal to feel a little off the first few day". Yep they are right. I feel a little off- I am tired, hungry and sore! =)

I can not blame my "off" feeling solely on the new program. Off and on for the past month or so I have been battling the "I don't have what it takes" mentality.

I think it is easy for me, and maybe for you (the 1.2 people who read this!) to want to excuse ourselves from doing something in life, for God because we are less experienced than this person, or that person has more resources, or more training, or .......... whatever the excuse is.

Of course,  this is one of Satan's most effective strategies... fill our mind with all the things we don't have or all the ways we fall short.

But when I focus on that lack, it keeps me from focusing on the fact that God has a history of using people who seemingly have nothing... no training, no money, no education, no skills etc. to do things that ONLY God can do.

So instead of focusing on my insecurities.. I know that my greatest weakness God can use for His glory!

"But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me
 2 Cor 12:9

No comments:

Post a Comment