Wednesday 25 November 2015

Thankful, very thankful

Oh give thanks to the Lord, 
for he is good, for his steadfast love 
endures forever! 
(Psalm 107:1)


Tis the season for thinking about all the blessings that God has allowed me. There is no list long enough to give proper thanks...but today I am thankful for....

- God sending His son Jesus as a sacrifice that we/I may enjoy eternal life.
- I am thankful for Gods protection in everything. I am sure there is more protection that He has given then we will ever know.
- I am thankful that God has given me friendships. Here in Mexico (both other americans and mexicans)  and those who I have remained close friends with in the US. They are always an encouragement to me, exactly when I need it.
- I am thankful for technology. It allows me to stay in touch with friends and family from far away!
- I am thankful for my dog. She is the perfect companion for me to have around the house.
- I am thankful for all the things i never wanted to experience, but did. Times that are hard, times that I feel lonely etc. I know that even through those times, God is in control and he has perfect timing.
- I am thankful for the ministries I am a part of.
- I am thankful for a house to sleep in, food to eat, clean water to drink and clothes to wear, and I pray often for those who are less fortunate.
- I am thankful for laughter.
- I am thankful for my car and the ability to be mobile.
- I am thankful for the creativity that God has given me.
- I am thankful for the simplicity of the outdoors and the closeness to God I feel when experiencing it.
- I am thankful God restores my soul.
- I am grateful for the education that I have.
- I am grateful God has given me the opportunities to travel and see the world in new ways.
- I am thankful for coffee... without coffee.... well, you know.
- I am thankful for campfires, one of my all time favorite things, even if i don't get to experience them more often
- my health, even when it isn't perfect.
- Sweatpants, hot chocolate, and heating blankets.
-A really good hug
- I am thankful that God gave me faithful supporters (both prayerfully and financially) in order to give me the opportunity to serve here in Mexico.
-I am thankful that God’s love is unfailing. He is true to His words. He loves me. And He knows exactly what I need, always.
I am thankful that my life’s far from being perfect because through the trials I am learning to TRUST God. Through the hardship I am learning more and more about God’s character as well as mine. I can cry and lean on God and no matter what He will never forsake me.  This I am the most grateful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment