Wednesday 19 November 2014

Thanksgiving.



Thanksgiving dinner is one of the absolute best meals of the entire year. Seriously, there is turkey, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, salads, pies.... ok ok the list goes on.

But as people sit around the house, or table smelling ALL the great food (i am pretty sure that is torture), there are other traditions... Giving thanks.
You often hear people talk about thanking God for a house, freedom, family, friends, the dog. But, it is pretty rare that we are actually giving thanks for the ONE person who actually gives us all the stuff.

I am just as guilty as the next person. I am really good about thanking God for all He has done for me, but somehow in all these things, I forget to give thanks FOR God who blesses me immensely every single day.

It probably has something to do with saying 'thanks' for things that you see is just easy.

This year, I want to reteach myself to be thankful for God.

I want to "give thank for the Lord, for He is good; his love endures forever" (Psalm 106:1)
I want to give Him thanks and praise for His glorious name (1 Chronicles 29:13)
I want my hear tot leap for joy and sing songs of thanksgiving to Him (Psalm 28:7)

God loves to bless us with the things....the families, friends, house, education. But before He gave us any of the stuff we have, He gave us Himself. And so this Thanksgiving, I want to acknowledge God and praise His name.

No comments:

Post a Comment