Tuesday 29 November 2011

(21/30) Finding my voice

No, I'm not talking about trying to find my voice in a sea of other people, making an impact on my world, and blah blah blah.

I'm talking about my voice. Here. On this teeny tiny little blog.

You don't know how long I sit here and stare at this stupid blank box trying to figure out how to start a new post. How to make it sound like I actually have a life. (I don't. Most of the time. I'm okay with that.)

Nine times out of ten, I'm really tempted to start things off middle school English class style with an opening paragraph, three body paragraphs, and a conclusion. You know, something like: "Three very exciting things happened to me today. First, I woke up before my alarm clock went off. Second, it was so cold in my bedroom i could see my breath. Lastly, my hair is finally long enough not use anything but i pony tail holder to hold it back. These are all life-changing circumstances."


Other times I feel like I should write like I'm writing to a diary,and even though i constantly keep a journal or diary... i am not about to post something from there! I did, however, keep a journal when i was younger, which i am sure you would LOVE to read... Mostly something like, "That mean kid barked at me in history class again today. Only 4,723 days left of high school. I would rather be at camp." 


And of course I suffer from blog envy. I subscribe to many a blog, and they all update in my feed reader, so I see a lot of different perspectives. A lot of people write wildly hilarious things in their blogs and people read them, then post thousands of comments about how clever the writer of said blog is. And I sigh, and wish I had something wildly hilarious to write about. But, alas, this is the real world.  I go grocery shopping (sometimes). I have a dog who thinks she is human and snoring right next to me.  I clean clean my house while listening to "Phantom of the Opera". Doesn't get much more exciting, folks.


Anyways, back to my voice. I am going to try to get better at this blogging thing... although, i have been impressed with my ability to come up with something to say everyday... even though it hasn't been very profound OR comical.... maybe one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment