Thursday 17 November 2011

(9/30) In Everything Give Thanks

Since it is the season to give thanks for all the wonderful things God has allowed us to have, i thought today's blog would just be a simple list of the first things that came to mind as i sit on my couch. I could go on all night
Psalm 107:1 "give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever."
Psalm 69:30 "I will praise God's name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving."
I am thankful for...
... my God... the one who sustains me.
...good health.
... hot showers.... usually ;)
... facebook... the way i keep in contact with people who don't live near me.
... the kindness of strangers
... the trash truck
... the little things. like... the little grasshopper or the shape of the clouds or the one star i could see last night.
... the smell of fresh-baked bread... even if i can't eat it.
... the cool day today where i open the windows and pretend its fall in Nebraska.
... for being challenged everyday
... i am thankful for everything in my past because it has made me who i am today.
... snuggling up on the couch reading the next chapter of my book. 
... the fact my best friend flew thousands of miles to visit me this past week.
...friends who encourage, listen and laugh.
...the ability to learn something new. 
... my dog. She may be crazy but she is my baby.
... my friends and family in the states... I miss them all, but they all support me no matter what.
... the people i have gotten to know in Mexico. There are some amazing people here.
... fleece blankets and how warm they are on cold nights.
... the indulgence of a second cup of coffee in the morning.


...the simple things in life.  They truly make life worthwhile!





No comments:

Post a Comment