Tuesday 14 February 2012

Happy Valentines Day!

Um.... I am almost afraid to actually say it but... whispers... happy valentines day. I am only afraid to say it because I have seen about 100 facebook statuses that say something like "I hate valentines day" or "thanks for the reminder I don't have a boyfriend" or "this day makes me feel miserable". These statuses make me sad. (on the other side of things my facebook status made fun of everyone who said... " I have the best boyfriend in the world, i am the luckiest girl, no one compares... blah blah blah... i saw about 100 of those as well... they were almost all identical!.")


I totally understand how much it kinda sicks not to have someone in your life to give you a cheesy card or flowers. Some days I wonder, just like many other, if you will ever get married, or have a Valentine. 


But, Valentines day isn't all there is to life... it shouldn't control your moods or your worth. You are worth FAR more then any relationship status on February 14th!


Anyways, my point is that although it may seem like Valentine's day is nothing but a day to remind all the singles around the world that they don't have someone special, it doesn't have to be. In fact, there are tons of things you can do on Valentines that don't require a date. 


Things I like about Valentines Day..
1. You don't have to share any of the Valentines candy with anyone! Unless you want to!
2.You can just hang out and watch a good movie or write or read... while all of your friend that are dating or married are out fighting the crowds in the restaurants
3. It is a day to remember all the people who LOVE me and who i love!
4. It is a day to remember to shower everyone you love... with extra love, encouragement and cheesy cards!
5. OR its a day you can do something extra special for someone you know that is going through a rough time.
6. It is also a great day to remember God's unending love for us.


1 John 4:7-8 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.




No comments:

Post a Comment